Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tagging/Del.icio.us-Week 3

Originally, I thought creating a del.icio.us account and tagging would be very difficult, but now that I've done it it's really not that bad! I think the "links saved for you by other people" option on del.icio.us could be handy for KRL folks. It's neat that friends can look at your social bookmarks and leave suggestions for you based on what interests you have indicated. For example, if a patron has a del.icio.us account and speaks with a librarian about finding books on a certain topic like...gardening, well the librarian could always go to the patron's del.icio.us site and make even more reading suggestions later on. It could also be very useful for topics or specialty niches that can be difficult to find immediate information on. I thought that was the most interesting aspect of del.icio.us, as well as simply being able to just click on the link and bam! You're there. The sites I tagged include: my blog VeggieChickens.blogspot.com, Mother Earth News magazine, Half.com by Ebay, Kitsap Regional Library, McMurray Hatchery, and Del's Farm Supply Store.

2 comments:

krl2pt0 said...

Ok - so there really is such a thing as green eggs and ham?

what an interesting idea -- going directly to a patron's del.ic.ious account to make reading recommendations.

keep that idea in mind when you look at LibraryThing (it'll be up next week).

bc

westie_servant said...

Hey VeggieChicken,
Can you post a picture on my blog of your dogs and chickens? I want my blog to be a collection of staff pets. I'll be adding some pics of my chickens next week. Yours are adorable! Love your blog.......
http://westieservant.blogspot.com/